The primary purpose of this position is to develop and execute strategies for the assigned market segment and accounts and to drive revenue growth in defined target customers by identifying and securing new business opportunities. This position will focus on building and keeping a pipeline of qualified opportunities to achieve sales and growth targets, as well as developing, maintaining, and deepening BBS’s relationships in strategic accounts.
- Manage the entire sales process from prospect initiation to securing commitment with an assigned customer(s) by identifying new opportunities and filling the new project pipelines.
- Own customer relationship; communicate the BBS total business offering by demonstrating alignment of BBS capabilities with customer needs.
- Develop and implement an account segment plan; prospect and identify new opportunities within account and territory while protecting core revenue base.
- Effectively sell the BBS body of work to ensure an intimate understanding of who we are, what we represent and what we can offer. Serve as an advisor to our customers by being able to clearly define BBS from a high level to the detail of a specific customized solution offering.
- Execute account and segment plan to achieve annual quota.
- Grow market share within a segment and assigned account base.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities within account base and segment.
- Maintain regular communications with customers within segment/account.
- Ensure timely communication of problems and opportunities to management or other key BBS functional areas and ensure corrective actions are in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Identify and develop relationships with critical decision makers in the prospecting phase through regular face to face engagements, understanding customer needs and continued follow up to ensure new quoting opportunities
- Assess and develop plans to penetrate the various functions within the customer organization and develop deep and broad relationships with key decision makers. Facilitate expansion of relationships for critical functions between the customer and BBS.
- Develop intimate knowledge of customer, its markets, and their business trends by creating and maintaining an account profile, developing an account strategy and detailing a strategic execution plan.
- Take ownership of all quotes and contracts and drive the sales process both internally and externally, serve as the key negotiator and utilize sales processes to solicit and to coordinate feedback internally.
- Develop and present a business case for new opportunities to management team.
- Understand industry and market trends as well as sales analytics related to customer and translate into targeted opportunities.
- Engage with customers at trade shows, conferences, and industry meetings.
- Update CRM (Salesforce) daily based on sales activities.
- Maintain International Standardization Organization ISO13485 standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Prefer an engineering technology and or engineering degree. Will consider applicants with a strong interest in science and or technical area of interest.
- 5+ years of direct sales experience in Capital Equipment, Automated Machinery, and Custom Systems into the Life Science, Consumer Products/Electronics, Automotive and Energy industries.
- Demonstrated experience in prospecting and growing a new territory or a new market sector.
- Proven experience in selling high dollar complex technical custom solutions to customers. Selling automation solutions and capital equipment highly desired.
- Experience penetrating, securing and managing large major and multi-national accounts desired but can also be developed through training and mentorship.
- Disciplined and self-directed, process focused approach to managing personal workload and ability to work without day to day supervision.
- Strong ability to identify customer needs, quantify and present solution to meet customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to secure new customers via an initial project and achieve revenue growth through the use of strategic account management techniques.
- Strong sales call planning/execution skills and sales opportunity development and management skills.
- Strong prospecting skills.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and performance orientation.
- Competitive and aggressive, yet able to present the aggressiveness appropriately
- Comfortable with conflict and confrontation.
- Demonstrated customer focus and orientation to creating a strong value proposition for the customer.
- Strong work ethic, high results oriented and high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Curious and constantly looking to improve professional and personal performance.
- Must be able to work with and lead teams.
- Organizationally nimble, able to navigate the customer and internal organizations.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, questioning/listening skills, and presentation skills.
- Project and change management skills.
- Contract negotiation skills.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess the ability to prospect to gain interest in our target accounts.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and funnel/pipeline management skills.
- Must possess a valid passport.
- 30 - 50% of time will be spent with customers
BBS Automation Inside
Philosophy & Benefits