The Senior Project Manager will manage all aspects of the development and implementation of large automation projects.
The Project Manager will take the projects from original concept through to final implementation while ensuring long-term customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large-scale automation projects up to $10M+ in combined volume in order to provide a quality machine, on time and under budget.
- Serves as primary interface with the customers, sales, engineering and operations in order to identify and resolve technical, schedule and financial issues.
- Reviews high-level project deliverables based upon User Requirements and schedules/prioritizes them accordingly.
- Prepares and presents progress reports, schedule updates, project reviews and performance reports to Management and Customers as required.
- Develop risk mitigation plans to prevent overruns to budget and schedule.
- Proactively identifies and manages changes in project scope, identifies potential problems, and devises contingency plans.
- Estimates revenue recognition, ensures timely invoicing, and monitors receivables for all projects under his/her direction.
- Integrates financial data for multiple projects through the Estimated Cost to Complete process on a weekly basis.
- Forecasts and analyzes, schedules, profitability, revenue, margins, and utilization of resources across projects.
- Manages to and exceeds revenue/profit goals set for projects.
- Recognizes Change Notice (CN) opportunities and executes in a profitable yet ethical way.
- Supports sales with customer visits and presentations as required.
- Serves as key leader/participant in team and client project level meetings.
- Keeps Management informed of all potential project risks for both the company and the customer. Escalates to appropriate level if required.
- Possesses the appropriate automation experience to assist in problem solving and challenging solutions as presented by the team.
- Solid knowledge of automation/packaging equipment preferred. Must have strong project management and project planning experience/knowledge with demonstrated ability to drive projects to successful completion.
- Captures and shares lessons learned and best practices throughout the project life cycle.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction and expectations for multiple or large-scale projects.
- Anticipates client’s needs and proposes alternative technical solutions where appropriate.
- Maintain International Standardization Organization (ISO 13485) standards.
Qualifications / Education / Experience:
B.S. in Engineering/Manufacturing/Management or equivalent experience (10-15 years in automation project management).
Proficiency using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and MS Project.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent organizational and schedule management skills.
Broad knowledge of automatic assembly equipment (mechanical and controls)
Must possess a valid passport (or be able to obtain one) for periodic travel outside of the United States.
BBS Automation Inside
Philosophy & Benefits