Chicago / Estados Unidos
To assemble and wire control cabinet panels and wire entire machine/system; and to provide electrical support for debugging operations.
- Interface with Lead Electrical Builder in order to accomplish goals.
- Maintain departmental goals in keeping with company objectives.
- Recommend improvements in order to facilitate company growth.
- Use knowledge of OSHA regulations to produce safe and ergonomically efficient machines/systems.
- Adheres to NFPA/NEC electrical guideline to produce machines in accordance to code regulations.
- Interpret schematics, Bill of Materials, drawings, and manufacturer guidelines in order to achieve the desired results.
- Record changes on engineering documentation.
- Wires control panels, enclosures, and electrical devices under direct supervision of a Lead Electrical Builder
- Wire all electrical components on machinery.
- Under the direction of an electrical engineer, modifies electrical prototypes to correct functional deviations
- Proficient in use of hand tools, soldering irons, mechanical and electronic test equipment to verify product standards.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment and follow safe working practices.
- Follow Work Instructions and maintain Checklists.
- Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment, and performs preventive and corrective maintenance
- Tests and adjusts electrical assemblies and connections
- Troubleshoots and debugs electrical systems as needed to ensure equipment is functioning properly
- Assembles and tests experimental motor control devices, switch panels, transformers, generator windings, solenoids, FRLs, valve banks, and other electrical and pneumatic equipment and components
- Labels and routes pneumatic tubing/hoses from cylinders to valve banks
- Routes main pipe for air distribution
- Mounts and plumbs pneumatic devices (such as check valves, regulators, vacuum generators, pressure switches, and others)
- Install and service machines at customer’s site as required.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Minimum of two years’ experience wiring machinery or equivalent experience.
- Capable of interpreting schematics.
- Good communications and math skills.
- Knowledge of OHSA and NEC regulations.
- General knowledge of all types of hand tools, including crimpers and soldering equipment.
- General knowledge inspection equipment including calipers, various gages, and electronic test equipment – voltage regulators, amp meters, etc.
- Computer systems
- Working Conditions – The employee is subject to exposure to high noise levels and/or physical hazards when working on the manufacturing floor.