Chicago / USA
For our office in Bartlett IL., we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who is capable of designing automatic assembly machines, from initial concept to design completion.
With 14 locations in 9 countries, BBS Automation is a globally positioned and at the same time strongly growing supplier of assembly and test systems. In doing so, BBS Automation operates as one of the industry leaders in the future-oriented automation market in a very agile environment.
Who we are:
BBS is one of the leading providers worldwide of automated assembly and testing solutions, serving continental and global industry clients.
BBS is committed to providing engineering solutions which are not only financially feasible and structurally sound, but help improve safety, reliability and profitability.
- Review design concepts, layouts, assembly and detail drawings, schematics, and bills of materials to be used in producing custom machinery.
- Lead the development of mechanical designs for large multiple module system and the engineering team.
- Ensure the design is functional, robust, and cost effective.
- Innovate and use good judgment to incorporate BBS Automation standards, GAMP5 and regulatory requirements.
- Research and specify appropriate purchased and preferred components evaluating quality, and analyzing price and availability with regard to budget and schedule.
- Work under the confines of the project schedule and budget.
- Problem-solve with Mechanical Builders, debug design issues, and update all appropriate documentation.
A collaborative and innovative work environment
A comprehensive Benefits package including
- Medical and Dental coverage
- Company Paid Life, AD&D and STD
- 401k plan
- Flex Spending
- Vacation time
- Paid Holidays
- BBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in assembly automation