Chicago / USA
BBS Automation Chicago is expanding and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team! As a leading provider of custom-engineered automation solutions, we are committed to building a team of experts who are passionate about innovation and technology.
The Senior Project Manager will manage most aspects of the development and implementation of large automation projects. The Project Manager will take the projects from original concept through to final implementation while ensuring long-term customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Manages the day-to-day client interaction and expectations, operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale automation projects up to $10M+ in combined volume order to provide a quality machine, on time and under budget.
- Serves as primary interface with the customers, sales, engineering and operations in order to identify and resolve technical, schedule and financial issues.
- Reviews high-level project deliverables based upon User Requirements and schedules/prioritizes them accordingly.
- Prepares and presents progress reports, schedule updates, project reviews and performance reports to Management and Customers as required.
- Develop risk mitigation plans to prevent overruns to budget and schedule.
- Proactively identifies and manages changes in project scope, identifies potential problems, and devises contingency plans.
- Integrates financial data for multiple projects through the Estimated Cost to Complete Process on a weekly basis.
- Develops the Risk Assessment Plan requirement of ISO 13485, GAMP5 via procedures within our Business Quality Management System (BQMS).
- Manages to and exceeds revenue/profit goals set for projects.
- Recognizes Change Notice (CN) opportunities and executes in a profitable yet ethical manner.
- Solid knowledge of automation/packaging equipment preferred. Must have strong project management and project planning experience/knowledge with demonstrated ability to drive projects to successful completion.
- Possesses a basic understanding of our technical direction, preferences and service offerings.
- Anticipates client’s needs and proposes alternative technical solutions where appropriate.
- B.S. in Engineering/Manufacturing/Management or equivalent experience (10-15 years in automation project management).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook and MS Project
- Excellent organizational and schedule management skills
- Broad knowledge of automatic assembly equipment (mechanical and controls)